[comp.sys.mac] Useful RAMdisk for MF

gt0818a@prism.gatech.EDU (Paul E. Robichaux) (10/22/89)

Are there any usable ramdisks for the Plus? What I'd like to do is run
MPW 2.0.2 in a 1meg machine partition, and use the other 3meg as a ramdisk.
Does anyone know of a program that will do the trick?

-Paul

--
Paul E. Robichaux                  |"Collateral damage is the number of women
Georgia Institute of Technology    | and children you kill when attempting to do

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (10/23/89)

In article <2686@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt0818a@prism.gatech.EDU (Paul E. Robichaux) writes:
>Are there any usable ramdisks for the Plus? What I'd like to do is run
>MPW 2.0.2 in a 1meg machine partition, and use the other 3meg as a ramdisk.
>Does anyone know of a program that will do the trick?

Yes, I use RamDisk+ on both my Plus and my II (mostly the Plus since the II
got its hard disk).  Very configurable, never a glitch.  The Plus has 4MB,
and I use 1 MB to hold the System and my most-used programs.  It just loads
everything on the System Folder of my startup disk into the RamDisk, and
spits out the floppy.  Then I'm ready to go.  If you want more than one
floppy's worth of stuff in the RamDisk, you will have to put it there
manually, but that's a pretty easy process.

I have version 1.5 of this program.  There may be later ones, but I have
never felt a need.

I got this program from a comp.binaries.mac archive many months ago, and
I haven't thought about it much since I sent in the shareware fee ($20).
It was written by Roger D Bates / Route 1 Box 865 / Hillsboro OR 97124.