[comp.sys.mac] 68882 Coprocessor

truong@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Tuong C. Truong) (10/24/89)

I have a question for some knowledgable Mac Expert out there.
Is it possible to install a 20 Mhz 68882 math coprocessor on a Mac
II with a 16 Mhz 68020 processor? If you have any idea please e-mail
me.

Thanks a lot.

In article <3541@amelia.nas.nasa.gov> truong@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Tuong C. Truong) writes:
>I have a question for some knowledgable Mac Expert out there.
>Is it possible to install a 20 Mhz 68882 math coprocessor on a Mac
>II with a 16 Mhz 68020 processor? If you have any idea please e-mail
>me.
>
>Thanks a lot.

You could put an '882 in the '881 socket, but it would still run at 16MHZ.
(I'm pretty sure there is nothing to keep a 20 from running at 16MHz)
rrn: newsgroup "junk" full --- rerouting to news.groups