[comp.sys.mac] Init to launch Word from MacWrite Doc?

wasilko@netcom.UUCP (Jeff Wasilko) (10/22/89)

A while back, someone mentioned an init that could be configured to launch
MS Word if a MacWrite doc is clicked. I seem to remember that the way
it worked was that the first time you clicked on a document that did not
have it's application available, the init would ask you which app should be
used (instead of the usual 'the app could not be found' error). It then
remember the assignments for future use.

I seem to remember that it was part of a commercial package, but I can't
rememebr the name.

Could someone fill me in?

ieee@smu.uucp (IEEE group account) (10/26/89)

In article <3334@netcom.UUCP> wasilko@netcom.UUCP (Jeff Wasilko) writes:
>A while back, someone mentioned an init that could be configured to launch
>MS Word if a MacWrite doc is clicked. I seem to remember that the way
>
>Could someone fill me in?

Sounds like you're asking about HandOff.  It will step in to ask for a
substitute application the first time you try to open a document whose
application is missing (or if the document was created on another
computer).  You can also assign documents to applications based on the
filename extension.  If you want more information, you can write back
to me or call Software Innovations, Inc. at 214/727-2329.

Disclaimer:  I wrote HandOff.

-Fred Hollander
Software Innovations, Inc.
214/727-2329
F.Hollander@applelink.apple.com
CIS: 72077,3544

SMU is not responsible for the comments made in this posting.