[comp.sys.mac] MAC - Latex, MAC - troff

ycju@s.cs.uiuc.edu (10/26/89)

Does anybody happen to know how to put pictures generated on the MAC into the
troff and Latex documents?

My friend told me this:
   (1) Save the work in EPS format
   (2) copy the EPS file to the Latex document folder
   (3) call \psfig macro with the name of the EPS file whenever you want it
   (4) run dvips to translate the .dvi file into postscript file
   (5) send the postscript file to the laser writer.

Is it correct?  Do I need the dictionary file (Appledict.h?)?  Could anybody
send me a copyof psfig.tex and the sourcefile of dvips?

I use troff a lot.  Does anyone know the procedure to work with troff?

hallett@pet3.uucp (Jeff Hallett x5163 ) (10/28/89)

In article <214000037@s.cs.uiuc.edu> ycju@s.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>Does anybody happen to know how to put pictures generated on the MAC into the
>troff and Latex documents?

Yeah.   The easiest way is to  use LaTeX on  the Macintosh.  Trying to
put the cmd-F  equivalent in is  abysmally  difficult.  I've heard  of
people who  captured the output of macps  and  successfully used that,
but those are unconfirmed rumors.

>My friend told me this:
>   (1) Save the work in EPS format
>   (2) copy the EPS file to the Latex document folder
>   (3) call \psfig macro with the name of the EPS file whenever you want it
>   (4) run dvips to translate the .dvi file into postscript file
>   (5) send the postscript file to the laser writer.
>
>Is it correct?  Do I need the dictionary file (Appledict.h?)?  Could anybody
>send me a copyof psfig.tex and the sourcefile of dvips?

You do not need the Appledict.h,  I believe.   EPS is supposed to be a
directly-portable format, so no  special dictionaries are  (generally)
needed.  Again, this has not been directly confirmed by me.

	     Jeffrey A. Hallett, PET Software Engineering
      GE Medical Systems, W641, PO Box 414, Milwaukee, WI  53201
	    (414) 548-5163 : EMAIL -  hallett@gemed.ge.com
     "Your logic was impeccable Captain. We are in grave danger."