[comp.sys.mac] SADE & Multifinder 6.1bx

hammersslammers1@oxy.edu (David J. Harr) (10/27/89)

{Stuff about whether SADE comes with MF 6.1bx deleted}
From the SADE reference manual, page 6, chapter 1 "SADE Overview":

The SADE release disk also contains a special version of MultiFinder,
compatible with System 6.0, that's used to control and access processes. The
additional code to support debugging will not affect your normal use of MF.

end quote.
So, there you have it, from the horses mouth. Go get em, tiger.

David  --- I would have put a clever .sig here, but I used all my REAL
       --- braindead ideas above. I guess you'll just have to deal.

t-jacobs@cs.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs) (10/28/89)

I sent an email to APDA asking about the 6.1bx Multifinder & SADE and this is
the reply I got back:

Dear  Tony Jacobs

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I have been researching your question in
regards to SADE and Multifinder.  To APDA's knowledge the multifinder 6.1 is
not included with SADE.  Just to further research , could you supply me with
the source of your information so I can check with my corporate office.

Thanks,
Celia Wilson

I know many people have reported receiving 6.1b7or9 with their SADE shipment,
someone also posted a remark stating they talked with someone at APDA who said
they might ship the Multifinder seperately. Could whoever that someone be
reply to me via email with more info so I can pass it on the Celia to do some
further research on the matter.

Thanks.

Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * U of U * t-jacobs@ced.utah.edu

rickf@Apple.COM (Rick Fleischman) (10/28/89)

In article <1989Oct27.113509.21297@hellgate.utah.edu> t-jacobs@cs.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs) writes:

>I sent an email to APDA asking about the 6.1bx Multifinder & SADE and this is
>the reply I got back:
>
>Dear  Tony Jacobs
>
>Sorry for the delay in responding.  I have been researching your question in
>regards to SADE and Multifinder.  To APDA's knowledge the multifinder 6.1 is
>not included with SADE.  Just to further research , could you supply me with
>the source of your information so I can check with my corporate office.
>
>Thanks,
>Celia Wilson
>

>I know many people have reported receiving 6.1b7or9 with their SADE shipment,
>someone also posted a remark stating they talked with someone at APDA who said
>they might ship the Multifinder seperately. Could whoever that someone be
>reply to me via email with more info so I can pass it on the Celia to do some
>further research on the matter.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * U of U * t-jacobs@ced.utah.edu

Being one of the two Product Coordinators who brings new products into APDA,
I hope I can clear up this confusion.

1)  When you purchase System Software from APDA, it comes with the
corresponding version of Multifinder (i.e. System 6.0.3 comes with
Multifinder 6.0.3).

2)  When you purchase SADE v.1.0 from APDA, it includes Multifinder 6.1B7.

3)  Multifinder 6.1B9 is NOT distributed in any way through APDA.

4)  Multifinder 6.1B7 is not distributed separately through APDA, it is only
available with the purchase of SADE v.1.0.

I would be happy to answer any additional questions via e-mail.

Rick Fleischman
Developer Channels/APDA
Apple Computer, Inc.
rickf@goofy.apple.com
AppleLink: FLEISCHMAN@applelink.apple.com

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (10/28/89)

In article <1989Oct27.113509.21297@hellgate.utah.edu>, t-jacobs@cs.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs) writes...

>I sent an email to APDA asking about the 6.1bx Multifinder & SADE and this is
>the reply I got back:

[APDA tells Tony that MF 6.1 isn't included with SADE]

This is the scoop: MF 6.1b7 (maybe now b9) IS included with the SADE package
(or at least it was when I purchased it).  There is no MF 6.1 release version
(yet), as far as I know.

I had to go through this same sort of stuff when I bought SADE.  I knew SADE
needed 6.1b7 to work, so when I ordered I asked APDA if it were included with
SADE.  They seemed to have no idea what I was talking about.  After I posted to
the net (as you did) I got the straight story.

The people at APDA are usually very friendly and helpful, but seem sometimes a
bit unfamiliar about the products they sell.

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
= crsp_ra@gsbacd.uchicago.edu    * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =