[comp.sys.mac] WindowShade Warning

rj0z+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert George Johnston, Jr.) (10/29/89)

    WindowShade 1.0 has a bug in its code that causes the following
problems, as documented prior to 10/26/89.

    (1) Nearly all Microsoft products crash or show signs of conflict
with WindowShade. This includes Word, Excel and File. The majority of
these problems have only occured when NOT running MultiFinder.
    (2) The check box and radio button dialog items in the Control Panel
do not operate when using the Control Panel while MultiFinder is NOT
running.
    (3) The thumb (elevator) boxes in the scroll bars of Nisus and QED/M
do not move the document, but the up/down, page up/page down functions
continue to work properly.

    On Thursday, October 26 at midnight WindowShade 1.1 was released.
This version fixes the above mentioned problems, and perhaps some other
undocumented problems.

    I am extremely sorry about the problems that this bug might have
caused for people out there. Please do not hesitate to contact me with
any further reports or comments that might make WindowShade a better
product.

    Rob Johnston.

mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael J Kobb) (10/29/89)

In article <YZGVPpy00UhWI1SEcR@andrew.cmu.edu> rj0z+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert George Johnston, Jr.) writes:

>    WindowShade 1.0 has a bug in its code that causes the following
>problems, as documented prior to 10/26/89.
>
>    (1) Nearly all Microsoft products crash or show signs of conflict
>with WindowShade. This includes Word, Excel and File. The majority of

Is anyone really surprised?  I'm usually pleasantly surprised when new software
works with Microsoft products.  I even use Word as a test:  When I get a new
PD or Shareware program, I run it in conjunction with Word.  I figure, if it
works, it will work with anything...

--Mike

Disclaimer: I think that disclaimers are an incredibly sad statement about our
society.  Nonetheless, nothing that I say can or should be construed as having
been said by anyone.  Ever.