[comp.sys.mac] Redirecting TeXtures' search for fo

knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) (10/31/89)

In article <110300016@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> mcdonald@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>Gag! Wow - how do you get 9 megabytes of fonts? I have TeX on my PC
>and have only 7.5 megabytes. This includes complete sets
[..]

From what I gathered, the TeXtures fonts are screen fonts at 72 dpi
and printer fonts at 300 dpi in seven or eight \magsteps. The fonts
are not compressed (like .pk files are), hence the enormous size.

And if you think 9 MB is big: an extended font set is available from
Blue Sky Research (the producers of TeXtures) that is supposed to weigh
in at 22 MB (uncompressed).

Edgar

(knapp@cs.utexas.edu)