[comp.sys.mac] Redirecting TeXture's search for fo

mcdonald@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (10/30/89)

>An added advantage of Suitcase is that Font&Sound Valet which is
>included with Suitcase will compress your 9MB of fonts down to 5MB.

Gag! Wow - how do you get 9 megabytes of fonts? I have TeX on my PC
and have only 7.5 megabytes. This includes complete sets
of TeX and Latex fonts at 300, 100, 121, and 145 d.p.i.
and all Latex fonts at 329, 360, 432, 92, 110, 132, 174, 1270,
and several fonts at bigger than 1270. 1270 d.p.i. fonts are BIG -
1270 alone takes 677K, not to mention higher magsteps.
These are .pk fonts.

Doug McDonald

simon@alberta.uucp (Simon Tortike) (10/31/89)

In article <110300016@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> mcdonald@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>>An added advantage of Suitcase is that Font&Sound Valet which is
>>included with Suitcase will compress your 9MB of fonts down to 5MB.
>
>Gag! Wow - how do you get 9 megabytes of fonts? I have TeX on my PC
>and have only 7.5 megabytes. This includes complete sets

I couldn't resist answering this.  I have Blue Sky's entire set of TeX
fonts (bitmap) for TeXtures, taking up 23 Mbytes of disk.  I suppose it
depends what one means by "the full set".  I edited the boot blocks of
my hard disks using Fedit+ to support more open windows and files.
W. Simon Tortike,                         | tel    : 403/492-3338
Dept of Mining, Metallurgical             | fax    : 403/492-7219
      and Petroleum Engineering,          | CDNnet : simon@cs.UAlberta.CA
University of Alberta,                    | uucp   : simon@alberta.uucp
Edmonton, AB, CANADA T6G 2G6.             |