[comp.sys.mac] Need image file converters

keith@uw-apl.UUCP (Keith Kerr) (10/20/89)

I have various images in gif, tiff, pict, and HDF (used by
NCSA Image).  I would like to be able to convert these images
from one format to another.  Obviously, one way is to locate
all the format descriptions and then write the converters.
But.. of course I'm hoping that someone has done that already.
If so, could you please send me or point me to image conversion
(format conversion) programs that run on the Mac.
Tnx
.

:wq

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (10/24/89)

In article <248@uw-apl.UUCP> keith@uw-apl.UUCP (Keith Kerr) writes:
<I have various images in gif, tiff, pict, and HDF (used by
<NCSA Image).  I would like to be able to convert these images
<from one format to another.  Obviously, one way is to locate
<all the format descriptions and then write the converters.
<But.. of course I'm hoping that someone has done that already.
<If so, could you please send me or point me to image conversion
<(format conversion) programs that run on the Mac.

How about two of the four? The Curator ($72 at MacWarehouse) converts
TIFF, EPS (IBM or Mac), MacPaint, PICT, PostScript and Glue formats
according to the catalog description.

Shirley kehr

ralph@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (Ralph Brandi) (11/03/89)

In article <120788@felix.UUCP> kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) writes:
>How about two of the four? The Curator ($72 at MacWarehouse) converts
>TIFF, EPS (IBM or Mac), MacPaint, PICT, PostScript and Glue formats
>according to the catalog description.

Unfortunately, what they don't tell you is that some of the
conversions are one-way only.  For instance, you can convert from
EPS to PICT, but not PICT to EPS, which was the main reason we
bought the program.  It's a good program, but make sure you check
into its file-conversion capabilities if that's what you're
buying it for.
--
Ralph Brandi     ralph@lzfme.att.com     att!lzfme!ralph

Work flows toward the competent until they are submerged.