[comp.sys.mac] AppleFax modem -- problems with 6.0.4

barbour@acsu.buffalo.edu (11/10/89)

I've recently started using system 6.0.4 with my Mac Plus and until I
attempted to send a Fax through my AppleFax modem (using the standard
apple application) I've experienced no difficulties.

Now I've discovered that I can not send a Fax to another Fax machine
(of any type) without the application crashing with an ID=11 bomb.  However
I am able to send out Faxes using the chooser resource.  When I switched
back to using 6.0.2 I experienced no difficulties.

For now I will use system 6.0.2, but does anybody on the net have any
idea why Apple's Fax application crashes with 6.0.4?

Warren Barbour						barbour.cs.buffalo.edu
Dept. of Anthropology					barbour.sunybcs.BITNET
SUNY at Buffalo	              ..!{ames,boulder,decvax,rutgers}!sunybcs!barbour
Buffalo, NY  14260

alexr@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Alexander M. Rosenberg) (11/10/89)

In article <13039@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> barbour@acsu.buffalo.edu () writes:

>I've recently started using system 6.0.4 with my Mac Plus and until I
>attempted to send a Fax through my AppleFax modem (using the standard
>apple application) I've experienced no difficulties.
>
>Now I've discovered that I can not send a Fax to another Fax machine
>(of any type) without the application crashing with an ID=11 bomb.  However
>I am able to send out Faxes using the chooser resource.  When I switched
>back to using 6.0.2 I experienced no difficulties.
>
>For now I will use system 6.0.2, but does anybody on the net have any
>idea why Apple's Fax application crashes with 6.0.4?
>

>Warren Barbour						barbour.cs.buffalo.edu
>Dept. of Anthropology					barbour.sunybcs.BITNET
>SUNY at Buffalo	              ..!{ames,boulder,decvax,rutgers}!sunybcs!barbour
>Buffalo, NY  14260

Apple's AppleFax Application uses the Time Manager. The Time Manager
was changed in System 6.0.3. AppleFax had an accompanying software
change. The software is at version 1.2. There was also a ROM upgrade
to the AppleFax Modem to correct some compatibility problems with
some fax machines, most notably, the Pitney-Bowes machines. These
two upgraddes are available from a dealer. (The ROM became 1.1.)

-  Alexander M. Rosenberg  - INTERNET: alexr@ucscb.ucsc.edu     - Yoyodyne    -
-  3 Admiral Dr. #453      - UUCP:...!ucbvax!ucscc!ucscb!alexr  - Propulsion  -
-  Emeryville, CA 94608    - BITNET:alexr%ucscb@ucscc.BITNET    - Systems     -
-  (415) 658-1032          - Disclaimer: Nobody is my employer  - :-)         -
-                          - so nobody cares what I say.        -             -