[comp.sys.mac] Corrupted comp.binaries.mac postings?

dce@sony.com (David Elliott) (11/10/89)

Two of the last three postings I got from comp.sys.mac (TappyType and
one other) appear to be truncated.  They have no trailing :, and
even adding a : doesn't help.

Is it just me?
--
David Elliott
dce@sony.com | ...!{uunet,mips}!sonyusa!dce

jjoshua@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jon Joshua) (11/10/89)

In article <1989Nov9.231903.1400@sony.com> dce@sony.com (David Elliott) writes:

> Two of the last three postings I got from comp.sys.mac (TappyType and
> one other) appear to be truncated.  They have no trailing :, and
> even adding a : doesn't help.

My TappyType came broken too.

JOn.
--
                        /\                    ?               ________________
jjoshua@topaz.rutgers.edu \  ____   __       fgu             |.signature under|

gregwong@maui.cs.ucla.edu (Greg Wong) (11/10/89)

In article <1989Nov9.231903.1400@sony.com> dce@icky.sony.com (David Elliott) writes:
>Two of the last three postings I got from comp.sys.mac (TappyType and
>one other) appear to be truncated.  They have no trailing :, and
>even adding a : doesn't help.
>
>Is it just me?

I was successful in downloading TappyType.  In fact, I'm using it right now.

								--Greg
     _____
    /     >=====----:   "Advance to the rear!"
/--------------
\_____________/         <gregwong@maui.cs.ucla.edu>

macman@wpi.wpi.edu (Christopher Silverberg) (11/10/89)

On downloading files from comp.binaries.mac, i would recommend picking up
the program "mcvert" for unix systems. After saving a binary to disk, you
simply say "mcvert filename" and it will convert it to it's true self.
(Usually a stuffit file). Then when you download it, it will download as
Macbinary automatically using most term programs. With mcvert, you dont
even have to edit out the beginning garbage. It is all taken care of. Also,
files converted take less time to download.

mcvert can be found annonymously by "sumex-aim.stanford.edu" in the
mac-info/unix directory. Good luck.

 (.) (.) | Chris Silverberg, WPI Box 719    | BBS Sysop: Main Street U.S.A
    u    | USENET: macman@wpi.wpi.edu       | 2400 baud - (508) 832-7725
  \___/  | BITNET: macman@wpi.bitnet        | Fido: 322/575 - Red Ryder Host