[comp.sys.mac] General cdev problem; Help!

ralph@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (Ralph Brandi) (11/11/89)

I have an application which requires the use of 24 hour time, so
each time I use it, I go into the General cdev under the Control
Panel and change the time to the 24 hour clock.  However, each time
I do it now, I get a message saying, "Sorry, the Control Panel
cannot get a needed resource," and the operation fails.  This is
driving me nuts, since the application brings up the Control Panel
every time I try to do anything in it with the clock set to 12
hours.  I'm running a Plus with 1 Meg, System Tools 6.0.4, with the
following INITs and cdevs, although the problem still occurs with
all of them turned off:

init cdev 2.0
SCSI-Accel-r0w0s6
CPS TagFix
CPSDeleteTracking
DiskTop.INIT
OnCue 1.3
SFVol INIT 1.5
Suitcase 1.2.5
DA Menuz (hierDA) 0.9984
MacEnvy
SCSI Probe 2.01
SuperClock! 3.6
Vaccine 1.01
Boomerang 2.0B9
101-Keys (Datadesk keyboard)

The problem was intermittent, but is occuring consistently now,
under Finder (my usual environment) and MultiFinder, with all INITs
on and off; nothing I do seems to make any difference.

Help!

Ralph Brandi
ralph@lzfme.att.com

--
Ralph Brandi     ralph@lzfme.att.com     att!lzfme!ralph

Work flows toward the competent until they are submerged.

ralph@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (Ralph Brandi) (11/12/89)

In article <2235@cbnewsj.ATT.COM> ralph@cbnewsj.ATT.COM (Ralph Brandi) writes:

>The problem was intermittent, but is occuring consistently now,
>under Finder (my usual environment) and MultiFinder, with all INITs
>on and off; nothing I do seems to make any difference.

Boy, I hate when I find out what a problem was that I spent a lot of
time trying to fix and it turns out to be something simple and
stupid.  My father locked the System file; once it was unlocked, there
was no problem.  AUGH!

I thought that the time stuff was stored in Parameter RAM?  Anyone
know why the System file being locked would make a difference?