[comp.sys.mac] $79 SIMMS from Chip Merchant

jg13@umd5.umd.edu (Allon Stern) (11/10/89)

In article <5038@ncar.ucar.edu> hpoppe@bierstadt.UCAR.EDU (Herb Poppe) writes:

>1 MEG SIMMS
>New Low Price! Low Profile, 100 nanoseconds,
>high quality dependable 1 meg Single In-line
>Memory Modules. Each comes with a 2-year
>manufacturer warranty. $119.
>
>If this is the ad you mean, I see nothing in it about $115/pair.
>Wishful thinking?

In the latest MacUser, page 50, lower left side in the MacWarehouse ad for
simms, it says "Memory cards come with one megabyte on each card and are
usually sold in pairs -- (2 @ $119)" but on page 57, under Memory Upgrades/
Accelerators in the price lists, it says "1 Meg Simms  Low profile, 100ns
High Quality simms for Mac Plus, Se, II, IIx 2 yr. warranty...new low price
$119".  So, what is it?  Are they or aren't they sold in pairs? I called
up Kerry, and she told me that they are $119 each...Great advertising,
MacWarehouse....

DISCLAIMER: I'm not affiliated with macwarehouse in any way, other than
            as a kerry-caller

mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael J Kobb) (11/12/89)

In article <5599@umd5.umd.edu> jg13@umd5.umd.edu (Allon Stern) writes:

:In the latest MacUser, page 50, lower left side in the MacWarehouse ad for
:simms, it says "Memory cards come with one megabyte on each card and are
:usually sold in pairs -- (2 @ $119)" but on page 57, under Memory Upgrades/
:Accelerators in the price lists, it says "1 Meg Simms  Low profile, 100ns
:High Quality simms for Mac Plus, Se, II, IIx 2 yr. warranty...new low price
:$119".  So, what is it?  Are they or aren't they sold in pairs? I called
:up Kerry, and she told me that they are $119 each...Great advertising,
:MacWarehouse....

This would suggest to me:  "2 simms @ $119 each"  Otherwise, it would read
"2 for $119"

--Mike