[comp.sys.mac] Mac IIci and third party hard drivef

jca@pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) (11/11/89)

jkain@silver.bacs.indiana.edu writes:

>Damn right, goddammit!

Nice to know that I'm not the only one that is getting tired of getting reamed
royally by Apple.  :)

 /*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*
  * Flames: /dev/null (on my Minix partition)
  * ARPA  : crash!pnet01!jca@nosc.mil
  * INET  : jca@pnet01.cts.com
  * UUCP  : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hd-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca
  * Note  : My opinions are that...mine.  My boss doesn't pay me enough to
  *         speak in the best interests of the company (yet).
  *--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

joe@gistdev.UUCP (Joe Brownlee) (11/12/89)

>jkain@silver.bacs.indiana.edu writes:
>Damn right, goddammit!

> jca@pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>Nice to know that I'm not the only one that is getting tired of getting reamed
>royally by Apple.  :)

I'm sitting here running my IIcx with a SuperMac hard drive and 8-bit video
card, DataDesk keyboard, and Packard Bell modem.  Every third party piece of
equipment has been fine, no complaints.  Each has at least a 1-year warranty
and was cheaper than the equivalent Apple component.  The only problem I have
had is with the floppy drive in the IIcx.

Maybe Apple will get the message.

~~~~~~~~~~ Joe Brownlee,  Global Information Systems Technology, Inc. ~~~~~~~~~~
         1800 Woodfield Drive, Savoy, Illinois  61874   (217) 352-1165
          E-mail: joe@gistdev.UUCP  <or>  {uunet,uiucuxc}!gistdev!joe
 The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank. -- Montgomery Scott
       Go ahead.  Pay attention to anything that _I_ say.  Start a trend.