[comp.sys.mac] Problem using Public Folder.

rcbaem@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl (Ernst <pooh> Mulder) (11/13/89)

 I had a nice System Error (ID=02) at boot-time when I first tried to use
it. I hadn't changed the configuration, and the folder :PUBLIC wasn't one
available on the hard disk. When I changed this folder to an exisisting
one, the problem disappeared.
 Is this a Public Folder problem? Or was the problem due to other INITs
that loaded before the Public Folder RDEF?

 pooh.

peirce@claris.com (Michael Peirce) (11/14/89)

In article <1261@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl> rcbaem@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl (Ernst <pooh> Mulder) writes:

> I had a nice System Error (ID=02) at boot-time when I first tried to use
>it. I hadn't changed the configuration, and the folder :PUBLIC wasn't one
>available on the hard disk. When I changed this folder to an exisisting
>one, the problem disappeared.
> Is this a Public Folder problem? Or was the problem due to other INITs
>that loaded before the Public Folder RDEF?
>
> pooh.

It's hard to say what caused it.  When Public Folder doesn't see the configured
folder (:Public: by default), it should just not load in the server code and
display the Public Folder icon with a big X on it.

If you can recreate the bomb, please send me a description as well as a list
of what other INIT/CDEV/RDEV's you are running I might be able to figure out
what was going on...

 Claris Corp. | Michael R. Peirce (author of Public Folder)