[comp.sys.mac] Cirrus Volumes incompatible with Suitcase II

briand@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Brian Diehm) (11/10/89)

 >Cirrus Vloumes is a DA that comes with La Cie hard disks.
 >It runs fine by itself or in conjunction with any other
 >DA except Suitcase.  With Suitcase installed, invoking
 >Cirrus Volumes causes a reboot.  This would seem to implicate
 >Suitcase more than Cirrus Volumes.  Has anyone else seen
 >this or similar problems?
 >
 >Configuration:
 >	Suitcase 2.5.1
 >	Mac SE, 1Mb
 >	80 Mb La Cie hard disk

I use all three, and have had no problems in over a year. However, I am using
a slightly outdated version of Cirrus Volumes, version 4.3. What version are
you using? Have you called La Cie? Have you also eliminated all your INITs and
tried again?

-Brian Diehm
Tektronix, Inc.                (503) 627-3437         briand@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM
P.O. Box 500, M/S 39-383
Beaverton, OR   97077                        (SDA - Standard Disclaimers Apply)
--

MacUserLabs@cup.portal.com (Stephan - Somogyi) (11/14/89)

achut@samburu.Sun.COM (Achut Reddy) writes:

>Cirrus Vloumes is a DA that comes with La Cie hard disks. It runs fine
>by itself or in conjunction with any other DA except Suitcase.  With
>Suitcase installed, invoking Cirrus Volumes causes a reboot.  This
>would seem to implicate Suitcase more than Cirrus Volumes.  Has anyone
>else seen this or similar problems?
>Suitcase 2.5.1

First of all, I presume that you mean Suitcase II 1.2.5.

I have run this version of Suitcase and Cirrus Volumes 5.16 together
for quite a while now and have had no problems at all.

I'd look for another culprit.

Stephan Somogyi                 MacUserLabs@cup.portal.com
NetWorkShop Coord.                         or
MacUser          ...{apple|uunet|sun}!cup.portal.com!MacUserLabs

The MacUser NetWorkShop - home of the LocalTalk backbone

Any opinions expressed above are mine.