[comp.sys.mac] Fools Errand

ring@cg-atla.UUCP (Steve Ring) (04/26/88)

In article <2613@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> hearth@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Don Hearth) writes:

>	Thanks for all of your replies to my previous question.  Now, I am
>interested in finding a few games to fill up what little free time I have.
>Any suggestions???  I am already familiar with Dark Castle, Beyond Dark
>Castle, De Javu(sp?), and uninvited ( I have solved them all on my friend's
>computer ). I am interested especially in a monopoly game, if one existed.
>I also enjoy role-playing games and arcade games, but comments on any type
>of game that you find enjoyable is welcome.
>
>					Thanks in advance,
>
>					   Don Hearth

I would like to put a plug in for "Fools Errand", by Cliff Jonhson (Miles
Computing - I think). This is one of the most intelligent, difficult,
challenging, frustrating, (...on & on & on...) games I have ever encountered
anywhere. I can't praise this game high enough. My 14 yr old son (he's a DC
& BDC expert) and I spent 3 solid weeks (some of them by me till 12-1 in the
morning) all our spare time solving this game. I really can't say enough
about this game and eagerly await whetever else comes from the mind of Cliff
Johnson. (If Cliff is on the net - he has my permission to use whatever I
have said in any advirtisement for his game).

--
...!{decvax,ima,ism780c,ulowell,laidbak,cgeuro,cg-f}!cg-atla!ring
Steve Ring

jdsb@occrsh.ATT.COM (John_Babcock) (11/15/89)

     Could someone give me a hint on Fool's Errand?  I am stuck
on High Priestess and The Stone Wall.  The Stone Wall seems to
be my stumbling block.  You choose one letter from each column:

	S  O  T    D  V  G
	R  P  N    W  U  X
	E  A  K    I  H  M
	J  L  F    B  C  Y

        _  _  _    _  _  _  <- Spells something

Thanks for any help.  Email is fine.  No need to post.
* John Babcock           att!occrsh!jdsb
* AT&T Network Systems   jdsb@occrsh.att.com
* Oklahoma City, OK      Disclaimer:  I speak on my own, not as AT&T.