[comp.sys.mac] Responder/InterPoll Update

carr@Apple.COM (Randy Carr) (11/15/89)

In article <6469@portia.Stanford.EDU> dane@denali.stanford.edu (Dane Spearing) writes:

>I've got a Mac IIcx hooked up to an AppleTalk network and occasionally
>use InterPoll to check the number of users on the net.  I've noticed
>that InterPoll doesn't seem to recognize my (or anyone elses) IIcx, or the IIx,
>and IIci, and just lists these devices as "Macintosh".  It does however
>recognize the SE/30.  Is this a problem with InterPoll itself, or an update
>in the Responder from Sys 6.0.3 to 6.0.4?  (I'm running sys 6.0.3).
>Any word on this from Apple (or better yet, Randy Carr, the guy who wrote
>it?)

Responder was revised to version 1.1 to handle the newer Macintoshes that
'arrived' after the earlier releases of Responder.  For all these newer
machines and machines that come later, the 1.1 version will work correctly
as far a registering the correct name on the network. (The system now contains
those name strings)

Inter*Poll's current version is 1.0.1 and fixes some nasty bugs in the
Network Search window as well as allowing any device with the type starting
with the characters 'Macintosh' to be included in the System Information
window.

>|Dane Spearing                      | The opinions herein are mine, all   |

Randy Carr                                                      System Software
Domain: carr@apple.com                                     Apple Computer, Inc.
UUCP:   {nsc,dual,sun,voder}!apple!carr             20525 Mariani Ave. M/S 27-O
AppleLink: CARR2                                            Cupertino, CA 95014

Opinions & Responses are my own and do NOT represent my employer...