[comp.sys.mac] Terminal/Comm. progs for the Mac

ARTABAR@MTUS5.BITNET (11/14/89)

I am looking for a good terminal program for the Mac (I have a Mac SE/30).
It has to have ZModem, Kermit, and able to emulate VT100 (for CMS). I have
seen Veraterm and don't like it much (its lack of xfer protocols other than
Mac XModem turns me off), MicroPhone and Kermit, and don't like those either.
So, what is left?
                               Andy

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (11/15/89)

In article <89317.133515ARTABAR@MTUS5.BITNET> ARTABAR@MTUS5.BITNET writes:
|      ... I have
|seen Veraterm and don't like it much (its lack of xfer protocols other than
|Mac XModem turns me off), . . .

VersaTerm (as of version 3.20, and that's out of date now) supports,
according to its dialog box:

  Mac XModem;
  Text, Binary, and MacBinary XModem;
  Text, Binary, and MacBinary Kermit;
  Text, Binary, and MacBinary YModem;

for a total of ten variations of three different protocols.  Also,
straight ascii can be captured via the Save Stream command.

Disclaimer: no connection with the author or publisher except as
satisfied user.
=
Nets: levin@bbn.com  |
 or {...}!bbn!levin  |
POTS: (617)873-3463  |

tim@brspyr1.BRS.Com (Tim Northrup) (11/15/89)

ARTABAR@MTUS5.BITNET writes:
>I am looking for a good terminal program for the Mac (I have a Mac SE/30).
>It has to have ZModem, Kermit, and able to emulate VT100 (for CMS). I have
>seen Veraterm and don't like it much (its lack of xfer protocols other than
>Mac XModem turns me off), MicroPhone and Kermit, and don't like those either.
>So, what is left?

Lately, I have been using ZTerm v0.85 -- It has adequate terminal emulation
for my needs, and supports ZModem file transfers very nicely.  I don't
believe it has Kermit transfer, but I don't use that so it isn't as important
to me.

You can find this on GEnie in the MACPRO libraries.

					-- Tim
--