[comp.sys.mac] Place not to buy PMMU

Bob_LaserMan_Murrow@cup.portal.com (11/14/89)

I would like to warn everyone about a supplier who seems to not be on the
up and up. I ordered a PMMU from a company called BayTech at 1-813-360-8617
over three weeks ago. I call JOHN every week, and get a new story about why
I don't have the PMMU. In the meantime the price has fallen! I still don't
have it. If it does not show up today I will be calling and writing macWeek
and my Bank to report a BAD vendor... actually this place is already on my
list for all the grief over such a small order. I deal with lots of places
and this is the one of the worst! AVOID at ALL COSTS.
Bob Murrow
Phoenix Development
MacDazeBBS
laserman@cup.portal.com

rob@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Robert K Shull) (11/16/89)

In article <24017@cup.portal.com> Bob_LaserMan_Murrow@cup.portal.com writes:
>over three weeks ago. I call JOHN every week, and get a new story about why
>I don't have the PMMU. In the meantime the price has fallen! I still don't

I ordered the Virtual INIT with PMMU from MacZone on November 2nd, was told
that it was backordered and expected on November 3rd. It's still no-show.
Has anyone managed to get a PMMU lately? BTW, MacZone's price is $189 for
PMMU and INIT.
	Robert
--
Robert K. Shull
rob@uokmax						chinet!uokmax!rob

phil@vaxphw.enet.dec.com (Phil Hunt) (11/16/89)

In article <1989Nov15.200538.8856@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu>, rob@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Robert K Shull) writes...
}
}I ordered the Virtual INIT with PMMU from MacZone on November 2nd, was told
}that it was backordered and expected on November 3rd. It's still no-show.
}Has anyone managed to get a PMMU lately? BTW, MacZone's price is $189 for
}PMMU and INIT.
}	Robert
}--

Yes, Connectix just stopped Virtual V2.0 right before shipping....It seems a major
crtical bug was found by a tester the day before shipment!  So they have been ripping
open finished,shrink-wrapped boxes to correct the problem...

BTW,  MacZone is a great mail order place....And they take Amex, so you can
get dbl warranty on hardware when ordered using it at MacZone.

Phil Hunt                      "Wherever you go, there you are!!!"
Digital Equipment Corporation                 Phone: (508)486-2164
ENET:        VAXPHW::PHIL
USENET:      phil@vaxphw.enet.dec.com
MOREUSENET:  phil%vaxphw.dec@decwrl.enet.dec.com
EVENMORE:    ....!decwrl!dec-vaxphw!phil