[comp.sys.mac] Simms from Technology Works

sasaki@umbc3.UMBC.EDU (Dr. Jim Sasaki ) (11/17/89)

In article <5304@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> tom@kahuna.UUCP (Tom Craven) writes:

> "torx screwdriver".  It turned out to be a 50 cent allen wrench.  It won't
> remove screws if they are tight since it lacks a torx head to fit the
> screws....

Hmm.  You must have a lot of torque on those screws.  It only took me a few
seconds to unscrew my Mac's case, and I certainly don't have arms of steel.
Didn't have any problems fitting the end of the scredriver/wrench/whatever into
the hole in the top of the screw.

>Comment: I thought that they once advertised a spreader as well, but maybe
>that was someone else.

Definitely someone else.  All in all, I found Tech. Works completely
satisfying.  If I had to get more memory, I wouldn't hesitate to call them
again.  Now if I could just find a ramdisk program that's compatible with all
my software, I'd be in heaven.

    -- Jim Sasaki (sasaki@umbc3.umbc.edu)