[comp.sys.mac] Sounds in QuickBASIC?

mha@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) (11/16/89)

Microsoft QuickBASIC is a great programming environment for dealing
with Mac toolbox calls and resources, because it does most of the work
for you.  One of the things I haven't found in either the manual or
the toolbox reference book is information on how to play SND resources.
Does anyone know how to do this?  I'd appreciate a sample routine or
other suggestions.

Please e-mail replies; I'll summarize to the net if there's interest.

--
Mark H. Anbinder        ************************** mha@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu
BAKA Industries                                 ** (cornell!)biar!memory!mha

stores@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (11/17/89)

In article <9307@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> mha@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Mark H. Anbinder) writes:
>Microsoft QuickBASIC is a great programming environment for dealing
>with Mac toolbox calls and resources, because it does most of the work
>for you.  One of the things I haven't found in either the manual or
>the toolbox reference book is information on how to play SND resources.
>Does anyone know how to do this?  I'd appreciate a sample routine or
>other suggestions.
>
>Please e-mail replies; I'll summarize to the net if there's interest.
>

>Mark H. Anbinder        ************************** mha@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu

I do! One of the library routines that I am writing for QuickBasic is called
"PlaySound". Give playsound a sndHandle and it will play it.

a sample call:

Getnamedres refNum%,"snd ","Monkey",SndHandle&
Hlock SndHandle&
PlaySound SndHandle&,Varptr(result%)
HunLock SndHandle&

I will email a copy to any one who wants to see it.

Matthew Mora
SRI International                       stores@unix.sri.com