[comp.sys.mac] NCSA TelNet -- FTP between Macs?

leipold@eplrx7.uucp (Walt Leipold) (11/17/89)

The subject line says it all.  Does anybody out there know how to use
NCSA TelNet to transfer files between two Macs?  The program has all
the drivers and things in it, but there just doesn't seem to be any way
to issue the FTP command...

--
"As long as you've lit one candle,                         Walt Leipold
you're allowed to curse the darkness."       (leipolw%esvax@dupont.com)

hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (11/17/89)

In article <1989Nov16.215759.23991@eplrx7.uucp> leipold@eplrx7.UUCP (Walt Leipold) writes:
>The subject line says it all.  Does anybody out there know how to use
>NCSA TelNet to transfer files between two Macs?  The program has all
>the drivers and things in it, but there just doesn't seem to be any way
>to issue the FTP command...

I think you should try BYU-Telnet which has also ftp client so that
you can take direct ftp connection to an another machine which is
running ftp enabled. You can find this program in several places.
We have it too available for anonymous ftp login.

--

				Harri Valkama (hv@uwasa.fi)
				anon. ftp site (128.214.12.3)

jeff@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Jeffrey M White) (11/17/89)

In article <1989Nov16.215759.23991@eplrx7.uucp> leipold@eplrx7.UUCP (Walt Leipold) writes:
>The subject line says it all.  Does anybody out there know how to use
>NCSA TelNet to transfer files between two Macs?  The program has all
>the drivers and things in it, but there just doesn't seem to be any way
>to issue the FTP command...
>
>--
  You need to get the BYU version of NCSA Telnet for one or both Mac's.
It allows you to directly establish an ftp session with another host.  I
think it is now available from the same ncsa site that Telnet is available
from.  For file transfer between two Mac's, you could also use Public Folder,
but it is a little more limited (can't write files to another system, and can
only copy what it put in a partciular folder).

						Jeff White
						University of Pennsylvania
						jeff@eniac.seas.upenn.edu