[comp.sys.mac] new prepfix for LaserPrep6.0

rjt@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (ross.j.thompson) (11/16/89)

Hi all,

A while back, (maybe 2 weeks) I recall seeing a posting in this group
announcing that the people responsible for the macps utility were
posting a new version of prepfix.c to comp.sources.(mac, unix, etc.).
The new prepfix program now cleans up the latest Mac generated prep file
(with color too) to work on a host spooler.  So far, I haven't seen the
postings.  Can someone give me an update of the posting status, or
alternatively, send me the new prepfix.c ?

Thanks in advance.

				Ross Thompson
				AT&T Bell Lab's
				Whippany, NJ

Disclaimer: It's just "my" humble opinion!

edmoy@violet.berkeley.edu (11/18/89)

In article <2892@cbnewsl.ATT.COM> rjt@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (ross.j.thompson) writes:
>Hi all,
>
>A while back, (maybe 2 weeks) I recall seeing a posting in this group
>announcing that the people responsible for the macps utility were
>posting a new version of prepfix.c to comp.sources.(mac, unix, etc.).
>The new prepfix program now cleans up the latest Mac generated prep file
>(with color too) to work on a host spooler.  So far, I haven't seen the
>postings.  Can someone give me an update of the posting status, or
>alternatively, send me the new prepfix.c ?

I've just released the latest version (2.2) of macps and prepfix, which
supports LaserPrep's 4.0, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 and 6.0.  It is now available
via anonymous ftp to sumex-aim.stanford.edu, in the info-mac/unix
directory, under the name macps-22.shar.  It should be appearing
sometime in the future on comp.sources.unix and comp.sources.mac.

Edward Moy                              Principal Programmer - Macintosh & Unix
Workstation Support Services            Workstation Software Support Group
University of California
Berkeley, CA  94720

edmoy@violet.Berkeley.EDU
ucbvax!violet!edmoy