[comp.sys.mac] Allegro 1.3 Upgrade questions

PALEXANDER@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (11/21/89)

I recently purchased Macintosh Allegro Common Lisp 1.2.2 and heard last
week that v1.3 is now available.  The upgrade runs $100 and I was wondering
if anyone out there knows what the upgrade is going to do for me.  Also, I
was wondering if APDA has any policy for upgrading recently purchased systems.

- Perry
(palexander@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu)

hodges@maui.cs.ucla.edu (Jack Hodges) (11/21/89)

In article <18408@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> PALEXANDER@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>I recently purchased Macintosh Allegro Common Lisp 1.2.2 and heard last
>week that v1.3 is now available.  The upgrade runs $100 and I was wondering
>if anyone out there knows what the upgrade is going to do for me.  Also, I
>was wondering if APDA has any policy for upgrading recently purchased systems.

I called last week and they said 1.3 wasn't out yet but might be in the
new APDA catalog.  When at IJCAI-89 last summer I asked about the upgrade
cost and they said $50.00, which was confirmed on the phone to APDA.  I
will be pretty pissed if they change the price since I joined APDA for the
explicit reason of getting the 1.3 upgrade.

Jack Hodges, UCLA