[comp.sys.mac] HP Plotter Drivers that work

jfm@ruddles.sprl.umich.edu (John Mansfield) (11/21/89)

Hi there NetLand,
I have a problem and would like some help.  I have a Hewlett-Packard
HP7475A plotter and would like to use it on my Mac.  I have tried the
Cricket Drivers that came with Cricket Graph and they dont work, the graph
stops half way through, whatever the speed setting.  I have also tried the
MacPlot Driver that comes with MacDrawII and that doesnt even come close
to working.  Does anyone know of a driver for thsi plotter that will work?
 I am using a MacII with System 6.03 and associated system software.  Any
help would me much appreciated.  Thanks.

John Mansfield, Laboratory Coordinator
North Campus Electron Microbeam Analysis Laboratory, University of
Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2143
Phone: (313)-936-3352
Email: jfm@ruddles.sprl.umich.edu or
John_Mansfield@um.cc.umich.edu

remco@tnoibbc.UUCP (Remco Bruyne) (11/21/89)

In article <1989Nov20.190339.11007@terminator.cc.umich.edu> jfm@ruddles.sprl.umich.edu (John Mansfield) writes:
>Hi there NetLand,
>I have a problem and would like some help.  I have a Hewlett-Packard
>HP7475A plotter and would like to use it on my Mac.  I have tried the
>MacPlot Driver that comes with MacDrawII and that doesnt even come close
>to working.  Does anyone know of a driver for thsi plotter that will work?

We have the same problems. We would like to use the plotter for drawing
slides, but the results are bad. I succeeded in drawing some things with
the plotter driver of MacDraw II 1.1, though.
When you want to draw a drawing on a plotter, you should only use Geneva
for texts, and plot it in draft mode, because otherwise you
get *bitmap* drawing of screen characters (which takes 'some' time).
Line drawing works reasonably well, but we had some problems with hatch
patterns. The hatch pattern crossed the border lines on some places, but
this didn't occur with all pens, so it might be a pen specification fault.

Laserwriter output is so much better, that we prefer it to the color output
of the plotter (which should make the plotter favourite).

So: Help!

Remco
 Remco Bruijne      USENET: remco@tnoibbc    PHONE: +31 15 606437

Fabian@cup.portal.com (Fabian Fabe Ramirez) (11/23/89)

John,

We got a call awhile back that a user was using MacPlot 3.4 with a Shiva
NetSerial attached to a HP 7550 and a HP DraftMaster II.  The reason he
called us was that he was using SuperLaserSpool 2.0 to spool to the
plotters(!).

Fabian Ramirez
SuperMac Technology
fabian@cup.portal.com