[comp.sys.mac] Compare Two Files

ghe@nucthy.physics.orst.edu (Guangliang He) (11/20/89)

Is these any utility to compare two mac files other than open two files and
read them line by line with my poor eyes?

Thanks in advance.
USMAIL:   Guangliang He             |  INTERNET: ghe@PHYSICS.ORST.EDU
          Department of Physics     |  BITNET:   hegl@ORSTVM.BITNET
          Weniger Hall 301          |
          Oregon State University   |
          Corvallis, OR 97331-6507  |  PHONE:    (503) 737-4631

ma199at@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (L J Cris) (11/22/89)

> Is these any utility to compare two mac files other than open two files and
> read them line by line with my poor eyes?

> USMAIL:   Guangliang He             |  INTERNET: ghe@PHYSICS.ORST.EDU

The text processor Qued/M from Paragon Concepts has a compare function,
and MPW has a compare tool.  Both would work in your situation.

-cris rys

davidl@leonardo.intel.com (David D. Levine) (11/22/89)

In article <13894@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, ghe@nucthy.physics.orst.edu
(Guangliang He) writes:
> Is these any utility to compare two mac files other than open two files and
> read them line by line with my poor eyes?

There is a utility called DocuComp that compares files.  It works OK; I
haven't tried to do any REAL work with it.  It costs over $100, but if you
are a registered user of Microsoft Word, you can get it for $10 (well worth
it!).  There's a coupon in "One-to-One with Microsoft", the Microsoft
newsletter that is sent to all registered users of Microsoft's Mac
products.

- David D. Levine, Intel IMSO Tech Pubs
  davidl@leonardo.intel.com (good luck getting through!)
  "Being disintegrated makes me very angry."

P.S.  This is my first netwide post from this machine.  If you see this and
feel like wasting a little net bandwidth, please try to send mail to me
indicating that you received it.  Please include the address you used in
the body of the message, so I'll know what addresses work.

weinhous@dinorah.wustl.edu (Martin S. Weinhous) (11/22/89)

:
: There is a utility called DocuComp that compares files.  It works OK; I
: haven't tried to do any REAL work with it.  It costs over $100, but if you
: are a registered user of Microsoft Word, you can get it for $10 (well worth
: it!).  There's a coupon in "One-to-One with Microsoft", the Microsoft
: newsletter that is sent to all registered users of Microsoft's Mac
: products.

I took advantage of an earlier coupon and got the MS-Word-Specific
version of DocuComp for $10 + tax.  I have done real work with it and
am very satisfied with the product.
						Marty Weinhous
					<weinhous@castor.wustl.edu>
Disclaimer:  I have no connection with DocuComp's manufacurer.  My
opinions are MINE!

frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) (11/23/89)

In article <742@gandalf.littlei.UUCP> davidl@leonardo.intel.com (David D. Levine) writes:
>...  There's a coupon in "One-to-One with Microsoft", the Microsoft
>newsletter that is sent to all registered users of Microsoft's Mac
>products.

Now, here's a naive question (probably everyone knows the answer except
me): What newsletter? I've owned MS Mac products for years, and I've
never seen one.

--
Frank Kolnick,
consulting for, and therefore expressing opinions independent of, Computer X