[comp.sys.mac] Screen capture of menu selection

kv2@prism.gatech.EDU (VAUGHN KEITH DAVIS) (11/22/89)

Can someone tell me how to make a screen capture of
a user selecting a menu item.

I know that using FKEY 3 works for general screen
capture, but does not appear to work when you are
pressing down the mouse button to select an item.

I want to include the image in the program's
documentation.  I've seen documentation before
with images of the menu selections.

Thanks for any assistance.

--
VAUGHN,KEITH D
uucp:     ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!kv2

jeremyr@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Jeremy Roussak) (11/22/89)

In article <3681@hydra.gatech.EDU> kv2@prism.gatech.EDU (VAUGHN KEITH DAVIS) writes:
>Can someone tell me how to make a screen capture of
>a user selecting a menu item.
>
>I know that using FKEY 3 works for general screen
>capture, but does not appear to work when you are
>pressing down the mouse button to select an item.

Try using Camera DA.  I think it's free or shareware - can't remember
where I got my copy.

Jeremy Roussak

Fabian@cup.portal.com (Fabian Fabe Ramirez) (11/23/89)

Vaughn,

Consider purchasing Capture 2.0 from Mainstay.  It's a commercial INIT/cdev
that works.

Fabian Ramirez
SuperMac Technology

fabian@cup.portal.com
sun!cup.portal.com!fabian

tubbsk@prism.cs.orst.edu (Ken Tubbs) (11/24/89)

In article <1480@sequent.cs.qmc.ac.uk> jeremyr@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Jeremy Roussak) writes:
>In article <3681@hydra.gatech.EDU> kv2@prism.gatech.EDU (VAUGHN KEITH DAVIS) writes:
>>Can someone tell me how to make a screen capture of
>>a user selecting a menu item.
>>
>>I know that using FKEY 3 works for general screen
>>capture, but does not appear to work when you are
>>pressing down the mouse button to select an item.
>>

>Try using Camera DA.  I think it's free or shareware - can't remember
>where I got my copy.

I started to reply to the original posting to suggest the Camera DA, but
I thought that it would be wise to try Camera for this particular task
before I recommended it.  Lo and behold when Camera took the screen shot
with a menu pulled down it locked up my SE!!!  Anybody else had
different results with Camera?

Ken Tubbs, Gradual Student                     	Oregon State University
Internet: tubbsk@prism.cs.orst.edu		Computer Science Dept.
UUCP: {tektronix,hp-pcd}!orstcs!tubbsk		Corvallis, Oregon

jeremyr@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Jeremy Roussak) (11/25/89)

In article <13957@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> tubbsk@prism.CS.ORST.EDU (Ken Tubbs) writes:
>I started to reply to the original posting to suggest the Camera DA, but
>I thought that it would be wise to try Camera for this particular task
>before I recommended it.  Lo and behold when Camera took the screen shot
>with a menu pulled down it locked up my SE!!!  Anybody else had
>different results with Camera?

I've used Camera to capture pictures of pulled-down menus several times,
on SE and SE/30 and have had no problems.  I seem vaguely to remember some
reported problems with Camera's wanting to sound a beep and hanging then.
There was a patch to this which was posted here some months ago.  I never
had to use it, as I had no problems, but someone must have posted it here.

Is there anyone out there?

Jeremy Roussak