[comp.sys.mac] macintosh prodigy mods for telebit modems?

harry@janus.UUCP (harry felder) (11/18/89)

The macintosh prodigy start up kit does not support telebit trailblazer
modems.  there is a configuration file, modem.txt, which appears to have
a set of comma delimited configuration strings related to modems.  does
anyone have a specification for this file, or information on how to modify
the program to allow usage of a telebit trailblazer modem at 2400 baud
with macintosh prodigy?
--
Harry Felder
harry@quotron.com

amanda@intercon.com (Amanda Walker) (11/27/89)

In article <481@janus.UUCP>, harry@janus.UUCP (harry felder) writes:
> does
> anyone have a specification for this file, or information on how to modify
> the program to allow usage of a telebit trailblazer modem at 2400 baud
> with macintosh prodigy?

Well, I told it I had a Hayes 2400, and it seems to talk to a TB+ just fine.
Occasionally I have had to tell it to dial again, but it always gets it
on the second try even if it gets confused on the first.

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation
amanda@intercon.com		Prodigy: MGNN65A