[comp.sys.mac] White Knight throughput

pane@cat.cmu.edu (John Pane) (11/28/89)

Has anybody evaluated White Knight at high baud rates (>9600)?  I am using
Red Ryder 10.3 at 19.2 Kbaud, and screen display is a major bottleneck.
Does White Knight do any better?

--
John Pane						pane@cs.cmu.edu
School of Computer Science

ngg@bridge2.ESD.3Com.COM (Norman Goodger) (11/29/89)

In article <7116@pt.cs.cmu.edu> pane@cat.cmu.edu (John Pane) writes:

>Has anybody evaluated White Knight at high baud rates (>9600)?  I am using
>Red Ryder 10.3 at 19.2 Kbaud, and screen display is a major bottleneck.
>Does White Knight do any better?

The throughput of White knight is significantly faster than 10.3. It
keeps up at 9600 without problems, at 19.2 there maybe some lag, course
this depends somewhat on how fast your Mac is (Plus,Se,II,CX,CI) and
if you are using color on color machines?

--
Norm Goodger				SysOp - MacInfo BBS @415-795-8862
3Com Corp.				Co-SysOp FreeSoft RT - GEnie.

gall@yunexus.UUCP (Norm Gall) (11/29/89)

pane@cat.cmu.edu (John Pane) writes:

| Has anybody evaluated White Knight at high baud rates (>9600)?  I am using
| Red Ryder 10.3 at 19.2 Kbaud, and screen display is a major bottleneck.
| Does White Knight do any better?

Wk 11.01, 19200bps, Mac plus, oodles of INTS, cdevs, ATM...

no problems.....

A little jerky with smooth scroll off though...

nrg
--
York University          | "Philosophers who make the general claim that a
Department of Philosophy |       rule simply 'reduces to' its formulations