[comp.sys.mac] Two Page Displays--Recommendations?

jgt@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (John Tsang) (12/02/89)

In article <2627@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp22@bingsune.cc.binghamton.edu (Darren Handler) writes:
>In article <5588@lindy.Stanford.EDU>, romeo@lindy.Stanford.EDU (Patrick
>Goebel) writes:
>> I am considering buying a two-page B&W display for a Mac Se/30.  The
>> only alternatives I know about are Radius and Apple which are
>
>One problem...Apple has yet to produce a monitor card for the SE/30.  Your best
>bets are the Radius or the RasterOps

Do Radius or the RasterOps work on the SE too?

In article <4594@cbnewsc.ATT.COM> fjo@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (frank.j.owen) writes:
>From article <2627@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu>, by consp22@bingsune.cc.binghamton.edu (Darren Handler):
>> In article <5588@lindy.Stanford.EDU>, romeo@lindy.Stanford.EDU (Patrick
>> Goebel) writes:
>>> I am considering buying a two-page B&W display for a Mac Se/30.  The
>>> only alternatives I know about are Radius and Apple which are
>
>   I have NO IDEA whether it's "just as good" as the Radius or Apple
>monitors, but Macproducts USA has a 2-page display system that sells
>for $999!!!. It is NOT grey-scale (pixels are either on or off - strictly
>black-and-white.) They have versions (same price) for all Macs, including
>the SE/30.

1.	Does it include the card?

2.	Can it be used on the (regular) SE?

3.	Is B/W (black-and-white) same as the monochrome?

4.		The Apple Portrait is almost the same price, with the
card.  Which one is better and faster?

5.		Can the Apple Portrait work on the (regular) SE?

jdsb@occrsh.ATT.COM (John_Babcock) (12/02/89)

>1.	Does it include the card?
Yes.
>2.	Can it be used on the (regular) SE?
Yes.
>3.	Is B/W (black-and-white) same as the monochrome?
Yes.

**** I hear rumor that Cutting Edge monitors is mearly a brand name Ehman
uses for other sellers of their Dual page display. They are the same monitor.
i.e. You can save $100 by buying it from Ehman.

Monitors of interest:

     Samsung Full Page Display $499  (MacWeek; Someone posted a nice review.)
                                     (SE, II card only)
     Ehman   Dual Page Display $899  (Ehman; SE, II, SE/30 I think)
     Cutting Edge Dual Page Display $999 (MacConnection; SE, II, SE/30 I think)

All include the interface card.  Thanks 1E+09 !
* John Babcock           att!occrsh!jdsb
* AT&T Network Systems   jdsb@occrsh.att.com
* Oklahoma City, OK      Disclaimer:  I speak on my own, not as AT&T.