[comp.sys.mac] Frozen cursor

lulue@manta.NOSC.MIL (Dan Lulue ) (12/01/89)

Can anyone think of why the arrow Finder cursor would be stuck in one
corner?  The system is a II, it boots OK, the mouse has been physically
tested on another Mac and is OK, and we can boot from floppy.  We just
can't get the system to detect mouse motion.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Lulue
lulue@nosc.mil

xdab@tank.uchicago.edu (David Baird) (12/03/89)

In article <968@manta.NOSC.MIL> lulue@manta.NOSC.MIL (Dan Lulue ) writes:
>Can anyone think of why the arrow Finder cursor would be stuck in one
>corner?  The system is a II, it boots OK, the mouse has been physically
>tested on another Mac and is OK, and we can boot from floppy.  We just
>can't get the system to detect mouse motion.

It sounds as if the system on your hard disk has become corrupted. Since
everything seems to work when a floppy is running  the machine, best
bet is that the system on the hard disk has a problem. Try reinstalling
the system onto the hard disk.

	David Baird