[comp.sys.mac] Another Word question

gilley@ndl.COM (Gilley) (12/05/89)

I am having a problem getting page numbering to do what I want to do.
What I want are independently numbered chapters (sections in word
terminology) so that page one of the first section is 1-1.  Page one
of the second section is 2-1, etc.  These numbers should then be used
in the table of contents and index for the document.  Has anyone
successfully done this yet?

Another question while I am at it...  I need an 11 point version of
the Times and Courier fonts.  I can create them with Fontastic (haven't
done it yet), but will Word recognize it?  Everywhere I've looked,
the manual refers to a hard-wired set of point sizes.  I haven't had
a chance to try this yet, but I thought I would see if anyone else
had already done this.

				Thanks,
				    Greg
  Greg Gilley
  gilley@ndl.COM   [Numerical Design Limited]
  919-929-2917 (voice)

xdab@tank.uchicago.edu (David Baird) (12/05/89)

In article <163@ndl.UUCP> gilley@ndl.COM (Gilley) writes:
>I am having a problem getting page numbering to do what I want to do.
>What I want are independently numbered chapters (sections in word
>terminology) so that page one of the first section is 1-1.  Page one
>of the second section is 2-1, etc.  These numbers should then be used
>in the table of contents and index for the document.  Has anyone
>successfully done this yet?

Create in the header using the page number option there your numbering
option, such as 3-[auto pagination]. This way "3-" will remain, but
the page number will increment with each page.

>Another question while I am at it...  I need an 11 point version of
>the Times and Courier fonts.  I can create them with Fontastic (haven't
>done it yet), but will Word recognize it?  Everywhere I've looked,
>the manual refers to a hard-wired set of point sizes.  I haven't had
>a chance to try this yet, but I thought I would see if anyone else
>had already done this.

Are you using a LaserWriter for the printer. If you are, select 11 pt
for the size of your specific font. Word and the Mac will create a screen
font on the fly for you.  By using the Fractional Widths option, Word and
the LaserWriter will create your document in the font size you want.

	David Baird