[comp.sys.mac] ResEdit, ResMENU, and ResCicn

tjc@mbunix.mitre.org (Colley) (11/23/89)

Thanks for all who mailed the simple solution.

The solution was add them to version 1.2 of ResEdit, not a developmental (d)
version or a beta (b) version.  It works now!

Thanks again,

Tom Colley               tjc@mbunix.mitre.org

stiber@cs.ucla.edu (Michael D Stiber) (11/24/89)

on 22 Nov 89 20:22:23 GMT,
tjc@mbunix.mitre.org (Colley) said:
Colley> The solution was add them to version 1.2 of ResEdit, not a developmental (d)
Colley> version or a beta (b) version.  It works now!

Now, wait a minute.  I have a version 1.2 ResEdit, and ResMENU is
strange in it.  Same symptoms -- the windows don't close when one
clicks on the close box.

--
			    Michael Stiber
   stiber@cs.ucla.edu                  UCLA Computer Science Dept.

u-atgoat%ug.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Alan T Goates) (11/27/89)

  You probably have an older version of ResMENU, which did work with the
beta versions of ResEdit, but doesn't work with the release. You should get
the version labeled 1.2(3), and it will work (with new features and stuff
to boot). If you can't get this from a BBS or FTP site, mail me, and I'll
try to get it to you.

  AL

tjc@mbunix.mitre.org (Colley) (11/30/89)

In article <STIBER.89Nov23152838@maui.cs.ucla.edu> stiber@cs.ucla.edu (Michael D Stiber) writes:

>on 22 Nov 89 20:22:23 GMT,
>tjc@mbunix.mitre.org (Colley) said:
>Colley> The solution was add them to version 1.2 of ResEdit, not a developmental (d)
>Colley> version or a beta (b) version.  It works now!
>
>Now, wait a minute.  I have a version 1.2 ResEdit, and ResMENU is
>strange in it.  Same symptoms -- the windows don't close when one
>clicks on the close box.

I am using version 1.2 (no 'b' or 'd' or anything else after the '2') dated
April 6, 1989 12:58, with an application memory size of 500K, and have had no
problems with either ResMENU or ResCicn since switching from V1.2d4 to V1.2.
If the version isn't the problem, well..., I don't know.  Ask the author.

Tom Colley
tjc@mbunix.mitre.org

P.S. our newsfeed has been freaky for the last week. Sorry if this reply is late

datta@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Slarti) (12/02/89)

The problem is that there are several version of ResMenu around as well..
I guess the calling format of ResEdit must have been changed several times
in the 1.2 series.  To be up to date (and working) as far as I know, use
ResEdit 1.2 and ResMenu 1.2b4(1)

ar4@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Piper Keairnes) (12/04/89)

   I keep on hearing all the fuss about who has ResICN x.xx or ResMENU x.xx
and ResEdit x.xdxx. As I hear, the latest version for ResEdit is 1.2 (with
some dxx extensions).

   I've had ResEdit 1.3d1 for at least 6 months. It has all of these
color/menu extensions built in and has never crashed on me. So I ask,

                   WHAT'S ALL OF THE FUSS ABOUT?

   Do I have an official copy? If not, it's a shame, because it works
wonderfully well!

    -- Piper Keairnes

u-atgoat%ug.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Alan T Goates) (12/06/89)

  To be really current, use ResEdit 1.2 and ResMENU 1.2(3) (not 1.2b(4)).
Do not use ResEdit 1.3d1, since this is a buggy non-release version...

  AL