[comp.sys.mac] Getting stuff from simtel20

bberqu@sagpd1.UUCP (Brian Berquist) (12/05/89)

I understand that there's a vast amount of PD software for the mac in the
simtel20 archives.

Can someone tell me how to obtain files from this archive via USENET mail?
(ie. a mail server)

		  Thanx in advance
				   Brian

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (12/06/89)

In article <549@sagpd1.UUCP> bberqu@sagpd1.UUCP (Brian Berquist) writes:
>I understand that there's a vast amount of PD software for the mac in the
>simtel20 archives.
>
>Can someone tell me how to obtain files from this archive via USENET mail?
>(ie. a mail server)

I would like to know about this, too.  Please let me know as well.

I can say that I know how to get into the MSDOS archives on simtel, and
this may help.  I just send a mail message to simtel, which is aliased to
uunet!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv (you might use listserv@vm1.nodak.edu).
You can just put the word help in the subject and body for an overview,
or go right for it by having the body start with the line
/pdget mail pd1:<msdos.filedocs>simibm.arc uuencode

If all goes well, you will get an archive containing a bunch of stuff
including a complete list of the msdos archives.  It will come in many
pieces, which have to be joined, uudecoded and de-arced.

There is a small amount of mac-related stuff there, but it's MSDOS
programs.

I'm not aware of an archive of mac programs on simtel.  Please let me know if
there is.