[comp.sys.mac] Fullwrite Date Format

desai@robotics.jpl.nasa.gov (Rajiv Desai) (12/05/89)

How does one change the format of the automatic date variable.
It always prints as:

	day of week, month date, year (4 digits) !

more generically, how does one change the format of any predefined
variable ?

Thanx in advance

				- rajiv desai
				  desai@robotics.jpl.nasa.gov

Rajiv S. Desai
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
desai@robotics.jpl.nasa.gov

cy@dbase.UUCP (Cy Shuster) (12/06/89)

In article <375@forsight.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> desai@robotics.jpl.nasa.gov (Rajiv Desai) writes:
>How does one change the format of the automatic date variable.

Sorry, I can't see an obvious way. I'm sure there's a resource that can
be changed to control it, because that's how localize the international
versions.  I'm sure our BBS at 213/538-6196 will be able to get you the
answer.

--Cy--

jsimon@voodoo.ucsb.edu (12/06/89)

-Message-Text-Follows-
In article <375@forsight.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>, desai@robotics.jpl.nasa.gov (Rajiv Desai) writes...
>How does one change the format of the automatic date variable.
>It always prints as:
>
>	day of week, month date, year (4 digits) !
>
>more generically, how does one change the format of any predefined
>variable ?

The date format is controlled not by FullWrite but by the system.  There is a
resource in the System file that must be changed with ResEdit; I think the
resource is type "itl1".  There are a variety of possible changes to make to it
(which parts are printed, which order, etc.), which are all documented in the
internationalization section of Inside Macintosh volume 5 (plus possibly some
in vol 1 or 2).