[comp.sys.mac] Zmodem SEND to Un*x with WK 11.01

magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) (11/29/89)

Now that I know, without a doubt, how to set up WK for zmodem auto rec'v FROM
a Un*x host, I'm having problems with zmodem SEND TO a Uni*x host!

I'm running a courier HST at 9600 baud, SE/30, mac-to-modem locked at 19.2k,
Final report, param 658=1

When I initiate a zmodem send from WK, I get the stuff (technical term ;-)
shown at the end of this posting.

  Thanks in advance, y'all

	------------    ------------   ----------------------
	Ben Liberman    USENET         magik@chinet.chi.il.us
	                GEnie,Delphi   MAGIK

----------------------(stuff follows)--------------------
=>$
=>File:'test.file', Time: 35:44, Size: 0, Efficiency: 0%
=>d85
=>
=>**
=>B0600000000cd85
=>
=>**
=>B0600000000cd85
=>
=>**
=>B0600000000cd85
=>
=>**
=>B0600000000cd85
=>
=>**
=>B0600000000cd85
=>
=>**
=>B0600000000cd8rz ready. To begin transfer, type "sz file ..." to your modem prog
=>ram
=>
=>**B0100000027fed4
=>**B0100000027fed4
=>**B0100000027fed4
=>**B0100000027fed4
=>**B0100000027fed4
=>C
=>
------------------(end-o-stuff)-----------------
--
	------------    ------------   ----------------------

macman@wpi.wpi.edu (Christopher Silverberg) (12/06/89)

In article <1989Nov29.080147.4631@chinet.chi.il.us> magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) writes:
>Now that I know, without a doubt, how to set up WK for zmodem auto rec'v FROM
>a Un*x host, I'm having problems with zmodem SEND TO a Uni*x host!

Well, this is just a guess, but if you are on a Unix host, you must change
the param that specifies what method of sending zmodem you are using. (ie:
Unix, Opus, or White Knight). This is because each type has a different
recieve string that it looks for.

But one good thing it if you set the param to Unix, like I have mine set,
it will still recognize a recieve/send initiated by a WK to WK transfer.
Offhand i'm not sure what # param it is... perhaps 658 or something...
Good luck

 (.) (.) | Chris Silverberg, WPI Box 719    | BBS Sysop: Main Street U.S.A
    u    | USENET: macman@wpi.wpi.edu       | 2400 baud - (508) 832-7725
  \___/  | BITNET: macman@wpi.bitnet        | Fido: 322/575 - Second Sight BBS