[net.wanted] My Article

jae@hou2g.UUCP (J.ELKINS) (03/18/85)

Dear Users of the net:
	First of all, I want to apologize to everyone who was
inconvenienced by the article I posted last week. This is the
article:
4Subject: Van or Carpool to Whippany

        I need to join a vanpool or carpool from  East  Brunswick
(or  the  New  Brunswick  area) to Whippany.  I will be beginning
this commute in April or May. I can be contacted at (201)  949-
6146 or 254-1675.
                        Jay Elkins
                        HO 3J-234

	The situation is that I am in the midst of a transfer to
Whippany, and I live 50 miles away from it. I was in a
desperate need to find some ride-sharing, and someone
suggested putting an ad in the net. Being unfamiliar with
use of the net I posted an article, and then made a list
of the categories I should probably send it to. Unfortunately
"general" was one of them.
	The response I got from this was truly awful. Some
people made such personal remarks about my intelligence
and ignorance that I will never post anything after
this carpool issue is resolved, whether I have
information useful to users or not. The following
is a note that some insensitive shmuck sent me. I
called him on the phone afterward and he contended
that if I called him, I must indeed be what he said I am.

From uucp Mon Mar 18 09:30 EST 1985
Date: 18 Mar 85 09:27:41 EST (Mon)
From: bonnie!jf4
Full-Name: John Fourney
To: clyde!burl!ulysses!mhuxr!mhuxt!houxm!hou2g!jae
Subject: Re: WH carpool

hello - i know of an opening but you really seem obnoxious.
sorry

Thanks to the folks who sent me information along with
their criticism. I have also sent a note to net.flame.
			Jay Elkins
"If most things aren't funny, then they're only
exactly what they are."