[comp.sys.mac] RR/WK, ZTerm

alh@pyrnova (Alan Holzman) (12/07/89)

In article <10722@claris.com> drc@claris.com (Dennis Cohen) writes:

>>This will directly compete with WhiteKnight(RedRyder) and Microphone II.
>>But I'm kind of upset that I paid good money for MacTerminal
>>which only supports Xmodem (no scripting) and shareware programs
>>ZTerm for example, already support Zmodem!
>
>I still use RR (and am awaiting my upgrade to WK).  I've tried
>each release of ZTerm since .75, but keep going back to RR.

 	Just some comments re: RR/WK & ZTerm 0.85 ...

        My big problem with RR was that I just could not believe how ugly
the user interface was. One could never find anything! And I was very surprised
about how buggy it was. I am still amazed that a psuedo-commercial product; or
even any mac product, would still not support Multifinder properly over 2 years
after MF had shipped ... this was inexcusable to me. I don't mean to rant &
rave  ... just needed to get the frustration off my chest. Even with the new
WK, I notice on the net that the zmodem auto-receive didn't work right on first
release. Didn't they do betas or is this it ?

        Zterm is clean, easy to use, doesn't have every bell & whistle but no
flaws that I've noticed and the autoreceive and even autosend of zmodem work
just fine.

	All of this is IMHO of course ...