[comp.sys.mac] MacsBug on IIci

juskiw@edson.ee.UAlberta.ca (scott juskiw) (11/28/89)

Has Apple released a version of MacsBug to run on the IIci yet ?
I remember hearing talk about this some time ago and the 6.1 version I
downloaded from Applelink a month ago definately doesn't work.

Anybody know ?

--
*          Scott Juskiw         *  UUCP      : ...!alberta!edson!bode!juskiw  *
*     Electrical Engineering    *  Internet  : juskiw@bode.ee.ualberta.ca     *

mystone@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) (11/28/89)

In article <1989Nov27.192425.25213@edson.ee.UAlberta.ca> juskiw@edson.ee.UAlberta.ca (scott juskiw) writes:

>Has Apple released a version of MacsBug to run on the IIci yet ?
>I remember hearing talk about this some time ago and the 6.1 version I
>downloaded from Applelink a month ago definately doesn't work.

  I don't understand what's so special about our ci's (or our MacsBug), but
we have IIci's, and version 6.1 of MacsBug and MacsBug works fine on our ci's.

Dean Yu                            | E-mail: mystone@caen.engin.umich.edu
Self-declared License Czar         | Real-mail: Dean Yu
University of Michigan             |            909 Church St
Computer Aided Engineering Network |            Apt C
     INCLUDE 'Disclaimers.a'       |            Ann Arbor, MI 48104

andrew@jhereg.Minnetech.MN.ORG (Andrew Esh) (12/01/89)

I use Macsbug 6.1 with System 6.0.4 on the Mac IIci with no problems
whatsoever.  I noticed a problem with it when I had a large screen monitor
set as the startup screen (using the option key in Monitors CDEV), but when
I set the built-in video as the startup screen (the one that the 'Welcome
to Macintosh' box appears on), Macsbug works just fine.

Can you describe the problem?

						- Andrew
--
Drag him to the trash, Sir?
Hmm?  Oh, Yes Centuwion, dwag him to the twash.

Fabian@cup.portal.com (Fabian Fabe Ramirez) (12/07/89)

Andrew,

Who's large screen are you using?  Is there is 24-bit or 8-bit video card?
If it's a 24-bit video card, then it's a problem with MacsBug 6.1.  As version
6.1b1 works fine.  Apparently, there was some change from 6.1b1 to 6.1 for
the Mac IIci.

Fabian Ramirez
SuperMac Technology
fabian@cup.portal.com