[comp.sys.mac] MacIIci woes!?

kempf@tci.bell-atl.com (Cory Kempf) (12/05/89)

Help!
For some reason, I can't get Macsbug to come up on my IIci.  Is there
a newer version (I am running 6.0, with the OS release that came
with thje IIci (6.0.4))?  Do I need to do some funky stuff to get
macsbug back?  Or am I just SOL untill apple gets around to a new
version of Macsbug?

While I'm on the subject of IIci problems, about 4 months ago, we
bought a IIcx with AUX on an internal 80 MB disk.  I attempted to plug
it into my IIci (after getting a new power connector).  AUX will not
come up!  For that matter, I can't even get into it from the sash
utilities (although I can mount the MacOS sash partition).  AUX still
works fine (well, it comes up at any rate) on my IIcx.  Anyone have
any ideas how I can get AUX up on my IIci?

Thanks in advance,
+C

--
Cory Kempf		Technology Concepts	     phone: (508) 443-7311 x341
uucp:	{anywhere}!uunet!tci!kempf, kempf@tci.bell-atl.com

bell@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Mike Bell) (12/05/89)

In article <463@tci.bell-atl.com> kempf@tci.bell-atl.com (Cory Kempf) writes:
>Help!
>For some reason, I can't get Macsbug to come up on my IIci.  Is there
>a newer version (I am running 6.0, with the OS release that came
>with thje IIci (6.0.4))?  Do I need to do some funky stuff to get
>macsbug back?  Or am I just SOL untill apple gets around to a new
>version of Macsbug?
>
>While I'm on the subject of IIci problems, about 4 months ago, we
>bought a IIcx with AUX on an internal 80 MB disk.  I attempted to plug
>it into my IIci (after getting a new power connector).  AUX will not
>come up!  For that matter, I can't even get into it from the sash
>utilities (although I can mount the MacOS sash partition).  AUX still
>works fine (well, it comes up at any rate) on my IIcx.  Anyone have
>any ideas how I can get AUX up on my IIci?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>+C
>
>--
>Cory Kempf		Technology Concepts	     phone: (508) 443-7311 x341
>uucp:	{anywhere}!uunet!tci!kempf, kempf@tci.bell-atl.com
>DISCLAIMER: TCI is not responsible for my opinions, nor I for theirs

   You need the new A/UX 1.1.1 for use with the IIci. The older 1.1 wont work.

					Mike Bell

Mike Bell                                     CSnet: BELLMA%ERVX01@dupont.com
Senior Engineer                               Applelink: D2747
DuPont Electronic Imaging
Core Technology Group

    MacBrisc..... When you feel the need for speed..........

ieee@smu.uucp (IEEE group account) (12/07/89)

>For some reason, I can't get Macsbug to come up on my IIci.  Is there
>a newer version (I am running 6.0, with the OS release that came

Version 6.1 runs on the IIci.

-Fred

-  Fred Hollander              |  AppleLink: F.Hollander                      -
-  President                   |  CIS:       72077,3544                       -
-  Software Innovations, Inc.  |  Internet:  f.hollander@applelink.apple.com  -
-  SMU is not responsible for the content of this posting.                    -