[comp.sys.mac] Dimmer

mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael J Kobb) (12/07/89)

Greetings,

  There was talk of late about a screensaver for the Mac II called Dimmer.
Can anybody tell me where to find it?  Is it PD, SW, or is it commercial.  If
the latter, is it part of some package?  I can't seem to find it on any of
the usual archives, and I don't see it advertised in any of my catalogs...

Help!

--Mike

amanda@mermaid.intercon.com (Amanda Walker) (12/08/89)

In article <1170@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU>, mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael
J Kobb) writes:
>   There was talk of late about a screensaver for the Mac II called Dimmer.
> Can anybody tell me where to find it?  Is it PD, SW, or is it commercial.  If
> the latter, is it part of some package?  I can't seem to find it on any of
> the usual archives, and I don't see it advertised in any of my catalogs...

It's part of a small screen utilities package called "Screen Gems", published
by Microseeds Publishing.  Also on the disk are Switch-A-Roo (an FKEY that
lets you alternate between two screen depths without going through the
control panel), ColorDesk (an INIT that lets you select a PICT file to
replace your normal desktop pattern), and TN-3 (an oddly named application
that lets you edit the Finder's color menu).

I don't have their address handy, but at least now you know what to ask
for :-).

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation