[comp.sys.mac] Compress Utilties for MAC Transfer Wanted

artp@motbos.UUCP (Art Parmet) (12/03/89)

Does anyone have the MAC applications packit and/or stuffit ported to System V ?
Alternatively, compress4.0 ported to the MAC would be acceptable.

Regards,
Art
--------------------------------

Art Parmet  @ Motorola Semiconductor, Marlboro, Ma.
UUCP: {hplabs!motsj1,decwrl!decvax,gatech!mcdchg,apollo,oakhill}..!motbos!artp
EASYNET: DECWRL::"DECVAX!MOTBOS!ARTP"

Phone: +1 508-481-8100    VoiceMail: +1 617-932-6049     CMS: RSXH20

baumgart@esquire.dpw.com (Steve Baumgarten) (12/09/89)

In article <626@motbos.UUCP>, artp@motbos (Art Parmet) writes:
>Does anyone have the MAC applications packit and/or stuffit ported to
>System V ?  Alternatively, compress4.0 ported to the MAC would be
>acceptable.

MacCompress will do what you want.  I run compress on everything I
download, then uncompress a whole folder on the Mac.  Saves loads of
download time.

It'll also compress regular Mac files, resource forks and all.  Works
better than Stuffit (since you can run it in the background); in fact,
I've taken to using it as an archiving tool instead of Stuffit, since
a folder full of compressed files is easier to deal with than a
Stuffit archive.

I think v3.2 is the most current version.  It should be on all the
major BBS systems, though I don't know about FTP.

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."