[comp.sys.mac] HFS Backup 2.02 help!!!

muller@zodiac.rutgers.edu (Mike Muller) (12/07/89)

     I backed up some financial data on HFS Backup 2.02 and have now
corrupted the directory file and am left with only the data files.
Using resedit and other things, I can tell that the file I need is inside
one of the backup floppies, but HFS Backup 2.02 wouldn't recognize it without
a directory file.

    Does anyone know a way to recover files if the directory file is gone?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mike Muller

d6maca@dtek.chalmers.se. (Martin Carlberg) (12/09/89)

In article <368@zodiac.rutgers.edu> muller@zodiac.rutgers.edu (Mike Muller) writes:
>     I backed up some financial data on HFS Backup 2.02 and have now
>corrupted the directory file and am left with only the data files.
>Using resedit and other things, I can tell that the file I need is inside
>one of the backup floppies, but HFS Backup 2.02 wouldn't recognize it without
>a directory file.
>
>    Does anyone know a way to recover files if the directory file is gone?
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

You should find a copy of the directory file on the last backupdisk. If that
doesn't help call Personal Computer Perpheral Corp. They gave me a program
that restores files without the directoryfile when I had the same problem.

- Martin Carlberg
- Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden