[comp.sys.mac] Non-functioning DA's

goddard@sierra.Stanford.EDU (Lance C. Goddard) (12/09/89)

For some reason all of my DA's have stopped working.  When I call up
any DA I get a beep but no DA.  I have system 6.0.4 running on a mac
Plus with 2.5 MB.  I have rebuilt the desktop but that has had no
effect.  It's been operating with the same DA's & cdevs for quite
awhile with no problem.  Any suggestions as to what I might look for?

6600pete@hub.UUCP (12/09/89)

From article <410@sierra.stanford.edu>, by goddard@sierra.Stanford.EDU (Lance C. Goddard):
> For some reason all of my DA's have stopped working.  When I call up
> any DA I get a beep but no DA.

Running MultiFinder? If so, have you got the file DA Handler in your System
Folder? DA Handler is an application that MF opens so it can have a layer
to put all the DA's into. MF will beep at you if it can't find DA Handler.
Hire this kid  | Mac, DOS, C, Pascal, asm, excellent communication skills

dorourke@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (David M. O'Rourke) (12/10/89)

goddard@sierra.Stanford.EDU (Lance C. Goddard) writes:
>For some reason all of my DA's have stopped working.  When I call up
>any DA I get a beep but no DA.  I have system 6.0.4 running on a mac
>Plus with 2.5 MB.  I have rebuilt the desktop but that has had no
>effect.  It's been operating with the same DA's & cdevs for quite
>awhile with no problem.  Any suggestions as to what I might look for?

  You might've not had the "DA Handler" file installed when you upgraded to
System 6.0.4.  If you don't have the DA Handler installed under Multifinder
then your DA's will not work.

  Hope this helps.
--
David M. O'Rourke____________________|_____________dorourke@polyslo.calpoly.edu