[comp.sys.mac] SADE

erci18@castle.ed.ac.uk (A J Cunningham) (12/07/89)

In article <1890@mathrt0.math.chalmers.se> d6maca@]2;hacke1: /tmp]1;hacke1dtek.chalmers.se (Martin Carlberg) writes:

>I have a IIci and using SADE as a debugger. It's very good.

	Well I dunno about the IIci but as far as SADE goes IMHO it's a
piece of crap. I'm using a IIcx and it is so *SLOW*. It's also
unfriendly, unintuitive and just doesn't work properly. My project
involves two sets of sources in different folders. If two files have the
same name this really screws SADE. Also when highlighting code SADE
frequently highlights the wrong text. Compared to the debuggers that
SYMANTEC produce all I can say is SADE sucks! If it wasn't for the fact
that Apple are paying for this project I would have thrown out MPW long
ago.
		Tony Cunningham

--
Tony Cunningham, Edinburgh University Computing Service. erci18@castle.ed.ac.uk

	"If the thunder don't get ya then the lightnin' will."

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (12/11/89)

In article <1332@castle.ed.ac.uk> erci18@castle.ed.ac.uk (A J Cunningham) writes:
|In article <1890@mathrt0.math.chalmers.se> d6maca@]2;hacke1: /tmp]1;hacke1dtek.chalmers.se (Martin Carlberg) writes:
|>
|>I have a IIci and using SADE as a debugger. It's very good.
|>
|	Well I dunno about the IIci but as far as SADE goes IMHO it's a
|piece of crap. I'm using a IIcx and it is so *SLOW*. . . .

I have had err, well, a sneak look at the SADE that has been released
with MPW 3.1-Beta, and in my opinion it seemed much faster than SADE 1.0.
Thank goodness.  I understand the comments about its lack of
intuitiveness and unfriendliness, but I suspect it's a case of "to get
to know it is to like it"-- when I have finally had the opportunity to
use it for real over a period of time, AND to customize it with some
appropriate scripts, I think I'll like it a lot more.  It does come
with some scripts to help those who know the Macsbug commands (which I
don't very well, since I use and like TMON).

I have no familiarity with the THINK C debugger (though I may break
down and get TC 4 one day for its class library), so I can't compare
it to SADE.  I have of course heard very good things about it.

	/JBL
=
Nets: levin@bbn.com  |
 or {...}!bbn!levin  |