	From utcs!someoneA@utcsri Thu Mar 21 13:48:47 1985
	Date: Thu, 21 Mar 85 13:48:46 est
	From: utcs!someoneA@utcsri (SomeoneA's name)
	To: someoneC@utcs, mnetor!clewis@utcs
	Subject: Re:  A Problem
	Cc: mnetor!someoneD@utcs, utcsri!someoneB@utcs

If I try to reply to this, all of the addresses fail (utcsri!someoneB@utcs
via an "unknown host", "someoneC@utcs" via "unknown user" (I can figger
out how to fix the latter one, but am not convinced that I should).  Note that
the "From" and the utcsri!someoneB@utcs are inconsistent.  Anyhow, I'm
not even sure which sendmail is causing the problem (there are three
involved).  However, shouldn't utcsri use UUCP conventions while going
down an entirely UUCP path?  Eg: all of the paths will be with '!'?
I have been speaking to some of the mail admins on these machines and
they seem to think that it is working as intended.  Also, that the
"cc:" budger-up is a known-unfixable clash between "!" and "@".
utcsri seems to be the only site where this shows up.

I am mostly a novice at sendmail and was hoping someone can send me
something clearer than the Sendmail documents about what our sendmail
should be doing.  I am also pursuing this off-net.

Thanks,
--
Chris Lewis, Motorola New Enterprises
UUCP: {allegra, linus, ihnp4}!utzoo!utcs!mnetor!clewis