[comp.sys.mac] Stocks & Prices

kscott@cca.ucsf.edu (Kevin Scott) (12/14/89)

In article <1859@tellab5.TELLABS.COM> wiseman@tellab5.TELLABS.COM (Jeff Wiseman) writes:
>New Imagewriter II's were advertised at $250 CDN ($750 off suggested list
>price)!
>
>Are there any year-end specials in the U.S. like this going on??

I also wonder how the recent stock price drop will affect prices.  Will
Apple raise prices to try and make more money, or perhaps lower prices on
some items in hopes for a quick product sell and a better quarterly profit.
Either way, I'm too late I bought my new mac yesterday (anybody got a
color monitor and/or card to sell cheap?).

Mac salespeople often have the ethics of used car dealers (M.A.C. of Berkeley
and the Computer Factory are amusingly sleazy).  The advertisement you saw for
the imagewriter may have had the apple rebate built into the price of the
imagewriter, so the imagewriter is actually $550.  You have to buy a computer
with it.
_____
kscott@cca.ucsf.edu Kevin Scott      Never braid your eyebrows - Miss Piggy