[comp.sys.mac] Leading Zero in my Time, Why?

yahnke@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Ross Yahnke, MACC) (12/14/89)

Here's a mac puzzler I can't figure out, my IIcx running 6.0.3
has decided to always display time w/single digit hours always
w/a leading zero. So if it's 9:49 pm, the clock in the control
panel, SuperClock!, the modification time my files get stamped
with, all will have "09:49". Whadido? How do I turn it off?

truesdel@ics.uci.edu (Scott Truesdell) (12/15/89)

yahnke@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Ross Yahnke, MACC) writes:

>Here's a mac puzzler I can't figure out, my IIcx running 6.0.3
>has decided to always display time w/single digit hours always
>w/a leading zero. So if it's 9:49 pm, the clock in the control
>panel, SuperClock!, the modification time my files get stamped
>with, all will have "09:49". Whadido? How do I turn it off?

I don't know how it got changed originally, but this can be set by
diddling with the INTernationaL resources in the System. You want to
mess with "INTL ID=0" using the release version of ResEdit 1.2
Once you open up the resource it should be pretty self-evident.

  --scott

--
Scott Truesdell

wiseman@tellab5.TELLABS.COM (Jeff Wiseman) (12/15/89)

In article <2820@dogie.macc.wisc.edu> yahnke@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Ross Yahnke, MACC) writes:
>Here's a mac puzzler I can't figure out, my IIcx running 6.0.3
>has decided to always display time w/single digit hours always
>w/a leading zero. So if it's 9:49 pm, the clock in the control
>panel, SuperClock!, the modification time my files get stamped
>with, all will have "09:49". Whadido? How do I turn it off?

I don't know how it happened but I do know that this is a settable attribute.
There is a (i think) CDEV called Simon that allows you to change these
attributes. It also allows you to rearrange month/day/year type ordering, etc.

Hope this helps.

--
Jeff Wiseman:	....uunet!tellab5!wiseman OR wiseman@TELLABS.COM

goz@cca.ucsf.edu (Goz Lyv) (12/16/89)

In article <2587D704.7714@paris.ics.uci.edu> truesdel@ics.uci.edu (Scott Truesdell) writes:
>You want to
>mess with "INTL ID=0" using the release version of ResEdit 1.2
Actually, you want to change the ITL0 resource.  My understanding is that
INTL was the old way to do this; INTL has been kept for compatibility with
old applications.  Everything should now be using ITL0 and ITL1.
--
Goz Lyv, goz@vm.ucsf.edu, (415) 476-1388
UCSF Information Technology Services