[comp.sys.mac] Dictionary program sought

mes@sequent.UUCP (Mike Seyfrit) (12/14/89)

I'm looking for a program that will take a text file, and
hyphenate EVERY word in it.  I want it for lyric creation
for a music printing program.  I'm not familiar with all
the spelling/word lookup programs, but I have not seen one
that I know of that can do this.  Any ideas?

thanks

--
  ===== Mike Seyfrit  phone:503-241-4121       | \ mail:625 NW Everett #228 =
        net:{uunet,sun,tektronix)!sequent!mes  |  \     Portland, OR, 97209 =

chris@imagine.ADMS-RAD.Unisys.COM (Chris Sterritt) (12/16/89)

In article <26352@sequent.UUCP> mes@crg3.UUCP (Mike Seyfrit) writes:
>I'm looking for a program that will take a text file, and
>hyphenate EVERY word in it.  I want it for lyric creation

In scanning the December 1989 byte magazine, there is a company called
Illumind Unabridged that sells the "Moby Words" packages.  One of these
is called "Moby Hyphenator" which claims to be "150,000 syllabified words"
for $128.00 american.  Their address is:
	Illumind Unabridged
	571 Belden St., Ste. A
	Monterey, CA 93940-1307

I know *nothing* about them other than the above (and some other files they
sell).

	--chris sterritt
	chris@adms-rad.unisys.com